Tuna Noodle Casserole2012-03-17
- Yield : 6 Rolls
- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 25m
- Cook Time : 35m
- Ready In : 50m
- 6 ounces egg noodles, cooked until al dente and drained
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon table salt
- 1 10 1/2-ounce can of cream of celery soup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 7-ounce cans tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1/3 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped scallions with some green tops
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- Freshly ground black pepper.
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped toasted almonds
- Chopped parsley for garnish
Preheat oven to 425°.
Lightly butter a 2-quart casserole and combine the cooked noodles with the salt and minced thyme. Set aside.
In a medium saucepan, mix together the milk and canned soup over medium heat until smooth, stirring constantly. Gently fold in the tuna, celery, red bell pepper, scallions, mayonnaise and all but 2 tablespoons of the grated cheddar. Stir until the cheese is melted.
Add the cheese sauce to the casserole and mix thoroughly with the noodles. Sprinkle the top with the remaining cheese and the chopped almonds.
Bake for about 20 minutes until bubbly and lightly browned. Garnish with parsley before serving.
Average Member Rating
(4.6 / 5)
8 people rated this recipe
This information is per serving.